Sunday, September 27, 2009

What is Post Black?

Post Black: How a New Generation is Defining African American Identity (Lawrence Hill Books) is a book I embarked on when I recognized that the diversity of experiences in the black community were either going unnoticed or unacknowledged.

The book hits stores January 2010.

My Post Black Definition Post Black :

Post Black: An exploration of African American identity in a world of diminishing racial barriers that examines the range of diversity within the black experience in the Post Civil Rights Era and its societal impact.


As for the Blog . . .
I aim to strike up the dialogue about black identity in the new millennium.Look forward to interviews with intriguing people, with interesting thoughts who have some verbal pennies to pitch on the matter.
.
Ytasha

1 comment:

  1. I bought your book recently as I'm doing research into post-black literature, and wanted the opportunity to say I'm enjoying it a great deal.

    I'll be following your blog (and twitter), and look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete